- google map around seminar site [new!]
- Mishima Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Mishimap (Mishima city map) (English)
- Mishimap (Mishima city map) (Japanese)
- From: Narita-Airport
- To: Mishima
- From Kansai
- From: Kansai-Airport
- From Chubu
- From: Central Japan Intl Airport
The workshop will be held at the ``Mishima Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI)'' in Mishima, Shizuoka prefecture, Japan. (``Mishima Shoukou Kaigisho'' in Japanese)
MCCI locates in a few minutes walk from the JR-Mishima station (south exit !). Please see the ``mishimap (english)'' and look for the place around No.15.
Reaching Mishima from Narita international airport
The most convenient way is to take the train, the ``Narita superexpress'', at the JR-Narita-Airport station. It takes one hour. Then, change the train at Tokyo to the Tokaido-Shinkansen KODAMA superexpress bound for Nagoya/Shin-Osaka and get off at Mishima (See ``Caution 1'' below). It again takes one hour. The total cost will be 6600 JPY.
Both the Narita superexpress and the KODAMA superexpress
are available about every half an hour.
You can check the timetable via JORUDAN Train Route Finder. Input data is as follows.
Reaching Mishima from other airports
Possible options will be Kansai international airport (Osaka) or Chubu international airport (Nagoya). You can take the Tokaido-Shinkansen from Shin-Osaka or Nagoya bound for Tokyo and get off at Mishima. You can check the timetable via above webpage. Input data are as follows.
- There are three types of Shinkansen superexpress from Tokyo to the direction to Mishima, the KODAMA, the HIKARI and the NOZOMI superexpress. However, only limited number of the HIKARI stops at Mishima and the NOZOMI never stops. Thus if you are unfamiliar with the Shinkansen, we recommend you to take the KODAMA superexpress.
- The workshop site and most of the hotels in Mishima locate south of the station. Thus, please go through the SOUTH exit. The first ticket gate you will see is the north exit and it is not easy to reach the workshop site once you go through the north exit.
- In Japan, train tickets are collected automatically at the ticket gate. If you need them for reimbursement, you should not go through the automatic ticket gate, but ask the station attendant. Or you may have the receipt when you buy the ticket at the counter.
Information of Mishima
Restaurant in Mishima
Mishima is famous for eel cuisine.