International KEK-Cosmo and APCosPA Winter School 2020
Cosmological Structures in the Era of Large Surveys
21(Tue) - 23(Thu), January 2020
Kenkyu Honkan 1F Meeting Room 3, KEK, Tsukuba, Japan
The large-scale structure of the universe is one of the most powerful probes to unveil the nature of the universe itself. In the coming 2020s, ambitiously large surveys such as PSF, LSST, Euclid, SPHEREx, SKA, WFIRST are going to take place, aiming at revealing wide and deep structures in the universe. The cosmological information obtained from those kind of surveys will reach an unprecedented level with high statistical significance.
Building a consistent picture of the universe requires a theoretical understanding of the physics on variety of cosmological structures. We organize this school for graduate students and young postdocs to cover the multiple areas of structure formation.
We ask each lecturer to cover both basic topics and cutting-edge researches. The number of audiences will be restricted due to the limited size of the lecture room. The lecturers can use white boards as well as projectors, although we may ask the lecturers to mainly give white-board lectures, as these are easier for audience members to digest, in particular with regard to equations.
Topics to be discussed:
- Cosmology with galaxy surveys
- Cosmolgy with gravitational lensing
- 21cm cosmology
- Analysis of cosmological simulations
- Masahiro Takada (U.Tokyo)
- Masamune Oguri (U.Tokyo)
- Tomo Takahashi (Saga U.)
- Takahiro Nishimichi (Kyoto U.)
This workshop is aimed at graduate students, postdocs and junior faculties.
|21 Jan (Tue)||22 Jan (Wed)||23 Jan (Thu)|
Lecture 1 (Takada)
Lecture 1 (Oguri)
Lecture 2 (Oguri)
Lecture 2 (Takahashi)
|11:55-13:30||Lunch at cafeteria||Lunch at cafeteria|
Lecture 1 (Takahashi)
Lecture 1 (Nishimichi)
Lecture 2 (Takada)
Lecture 2 (Nishimichi)
Detailed program is HERE.
Drinks and snacks: 500 yen
Deadline for the registration
10th December 2020 (or as soon as the number of participants reaches the limit)
Registration form and application form for wifi
Procedures for Registration （日本語版あり）
Covering lodging expenses
We cover lodging expenses ONLY for participants who stay at the KEK dormitory on campus. If you would like to receive the reimbursement, please check "KEK dormitory" in the workshop registration page, in which case you do not need to reserve the KEK dormitory by yourself.
Ms. Tomoko Numata, Secretary, Theory Center, IPNS, KEK
Room 3 on the ground floor at Kenkyu-Honkan Building on the KEK Tsukuba campus.Come to KEK
Takahiko Matsubara (KEK, Chair), Kunihito Ioka (YITP, Kyoto U), Satoshi Iso (KEK), Ryuichiro Kitano (KEK), Kazunori Kohri (KEK), Mihoko M. Nojiri (KEK), Yasushi Suto (U Tokyo), Atsushi Taruya (YITP, Kyoto U), Jun’ichi Yokoyama (RESCEU, U Tokyo)
Takahiko Matsubara (KEK, Chair), Takuya Hasegawa (KEK), Kazunori Kohri (KEK), Sai Wang (KEK)KEK Theory Center
Our project and past workshops/schools
- The Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (APCTP) program Category-4
- The KEK Project Research Grant 2019
- The JSPS grant (Kiban A) “21cm line observations and future astrophysics” (JP17H01131)
- The MEXT grant (open applications) on Innovative Area “Theoretical researches to observe Primordial Black Holes” (JP18H04594)
- The MEXT grant on Innovative Area “The origin for the accelerated expansion of the Universe” A02 (JP15H05889)
- Division of Astrophysics, Cosmology, and Gravitation (DACG), Association of Asia Pacific Physical Societies (AAPPS)
- Asia Pacific Organization for Cosmology and Particle Astrophysics (APCosPA)