A preliminary program in the PDF format can be downloaded by clicking the
download link below.
[Download the PROGRAM]
We will provide 4 lectures in series on particle physics theory, 4 on particle
physics experiment, 4 on particle accelerator, and 4 on particle detector.
We also have 4 special slots for assembly of and experiments on a wire
Program and Announcements
We will provide following lectures:
● 4 lectures in series on Particle Physics Theory
● 4 lectures in series on Particle Physics Experiment
● 4 lectures in series on Particle Accelerator
● 4 lectures in series on Particle Detector
We also provide 4 demonstration classes for assembly of and experiments
on a Wire Chamber
Each slot of lectures and discussions are for 90 minutes.
- Student Presentation
- Participants are divided into 5 groups. (1 group: about 10 students)
At the student presentation session on September 23rd, each group gives
a presentation on assignments.
(1) Particle Physics Theory: Prof. Ryuichiro KITANO
(2) Particle Physics Experiment: Prof. Karim TRABELSI
(3) Detector: Prof. Junji HABA
(4) Accelerator: Prof. Yoshihiro FUNAKOSHI
(5) Experiment (Wire Chamber): Prof. Shoji UNO
Student Presentation Session is held on September 23 [09:00-11:30]
Group has 30 minutes
Presentation: 20 minutes
Discussion: 10 minutes
lecturer gives some assignment(s)
Students have a time to prepare the presentation
on September 20th-22nd.
If participants have PCs, we recommend they carry
their own PCs.
Participants are able to connect to the Internet through Wifi free of charge
at University of MALAYA.